nekoli @nekoli
03 April, 04:49
vTubers.Me supports vTubers and creators of all diversity, which yes does include trans creators. At the time of making the original post on the vTubers.Me account, I was wanting to show that we support all creators and will take action against those that choose to harass or discriminate any creator. People have brought up arguments saying because I did not mention trans creators directly that I am transphobic, which is far from the case. I was really trying to fit what I could into one post and I admitted in a follow-up the quality of it suffered because of it.
nekoli @nekoli
03 April, 04:49
Replying to nekoli's Post
People argue "Why didn't you make a thread, twtlonger, etc?" Because most people only view the first post, I know posts with links have less visibility, and I wanted the post to be the same across all platforms, so the quality of the post suffered. I wanted all creators to feel safe and welcomed to our platform.
nekoli @nekoli
03 April, 04:50
Now, regarding the gender options, the web version was released with "Male", "Female", "They", and "Other", because I was still unsure how I wanted to handle it. There was also a bug in the first release of the mobile version that caused only the male and female options to be chooseable/displayed (which did not change what you inputted on the web). Based on user feedback, from both before and after the site launch, I've decided that the best option would be simply a pronouns text-field.
nekoli @nekoli
I would like to also add that that this gender option is currently not used anywhere on the site, besides being choose able by the user, because I was still unsure of how to handle it.
03 April, 04:50
Only people mentioned by nekoli in this post can reply
nekoli @nekoli
03 April, 04:51
Regarding Wrench, who was wishing to aid in the development of the platform by making the mobile app. They first came to me offering to aid for free and, within just a few messages, begun to quickly work on a prototype version of a mobile app for the platform, which I believe didn't go beyond being able to sign up, login, and display the user's timeline. During this short time, they started to bring up wanting to be paid to make the full app, which I was never against, I just did not want to bring them on until the site was able to finically support itself.
nekoli @nekoli
03 April, 04:51
They offered making contracts such as splitting the site's revenue or making an "oral agreement" that I would pay them when I could, which I did not go for because it does not sit well with me to just offer money I do not have.
Janelia | VArtist @janelia
03 April, 07:24
After looking through the stuff you posted, it's pretty wild to me how someone could try and drag your name in the mud after pulling a pretty blatant bait and switch.

It makes me uncomfortable to see this play out because I've been in a situation before where someone pressured me constantly to allow them to work with me and I ended up reluctantly caving in-- only to have them betray me later on.

Anyway, I really enjoy being on vtubers.me and I appreciate all the hard work you've put into it. I hope this stressful situation dies out soon 🙏