nekoli @nekoli
03 April, 04:49
vTubers.Me supports vTubers and creators of all diversity, which yes does include trans creators. At the time of making the original post on the vTubers.Me account, I was wanting to show that we support all creators and will take action against those that choose to harass or discriminate any creator. People have brought up arguments saying because I did not mention trans creators directly that I am transphobic, which is far from the case. I was really trying to fit what I could into one post and I admitted in a follow-up the quality of it suffered because of it.
nekoli @nekoli
People argue "Why didn't you make a thread, twtlonger, etc?" Because most people only view the first post, I know posts with links have less visibility, and I wanted the post to be the same across all platforms, so the quality of the post suffered. I wanted all creators to feel safe and welcomed to our platform.
03 April, 04:49
Replying to nekoli's Post
Only people mentioned by nekoli in this post can reply
nekoli @nekoli
03 April, 04:50
Now, regarding the gender options, the web version was released with "Male", "Female", "They", and "Other", because I was still unsure how I wanted to handle it. There was also a bug in the first release of the mobile version that caused only the male and female options to be chooseable/displayed (which did not change what you inputted on the web). Based on user feedback, from both before and after the site launch, I've decided that the best option would be simply a pronouns text-field.
Mistress Briley 💋😈🔞 @MistressBriley
03 April, 05:12
For gender options, I recommend:

Male
Female
Non Binary
Other
Prefer to not disclose

I think that is a good starting point, at least
Coyote @coyote
03 April, 07:14
I feel like the fields of "she/her," "he/him," "they/them" and "other" with a blank option would be excellent options to accommodate as many people as possible: e.g., butches who use "he/him" pronouns as part of their gender expression but identify as women, or nbi people who use alternative pronouns to the neutral "they/them" e.g., "ze/hir".

In practicality, it makes sure that everyone is able to best self-describe, and contextually it demonstrates a willingness to accommodate and an understanding that every individual is able to have the choice to express themselves freely.