Eva Nox @EvaNox
I think I have decided on the breed I'd like to get as my next #ServiceDog

The Norwegian Buhund seems similar in stature to my current dog, slightly smaller even. I hope it isn't too small, but as it stands, any dog bigger than my current one (which is an abnormal size [she's kinda between sizes]) is going to be too big. My ideal weight range (pre being spoiled rotten) is 40-45lbs. This breed is typically 26-40 lbs (including low and high weights for both genders).

Other AKC facts like drooling level, coat type, social, and training capabilities seems good overall.

To be continued
29 August, 08:53
Only people mentioned by EvaNox in this post can reply
Eva Nox @EvaNox
29 August, 09:03
Replying to Eva Nox's Post
I know alot of people recommend to get a lab or retriever because they are typical, common service dog breeds, but they are too big for me (there's reasons for size constraints) as well as I primarily need a psychiatric service dog at this time. I would not be able to self train a dog for my physical health issues, so having a (smaller) medium size dog is preferable.

Grooming is a factor, I don't want dogs that need to be shaved or that get matted easily. I cannot always groom them in a timely manner. Short haur dogs are a no go because they lack the essential fluff.

To be continued.
Eva Nox @EvaNox
29 August, 09:09
Replying to Eva Nox's Post
I also need to avoid dogs that drool alot or get "water" drool when they drink ANY amount of water. I often have strong topical steroids on my skin and a drooly dog can accidentally mess with the medication. Similarly dogs that inherently lick more are a no go because that is dangerous to the dog.

Energy levels need to be moderately high, to keep me mobile

A weird trait I find desirable is a dog who is willing to make noise when trained to. While some dogs are just too vocal, I need one who is vocal enough to train to yell at me when I stop listening to other forms of alert.

To be continued