YED YASHA 🪶🚪 @yedyasha
#goodmorfterning

Juxtaposition makes #storytelling really interesting.

There are narrative elements writers like to use, like wealth v poverty, dark v light, but I love it especially in CHARACTERS' traits and motivations. It can be a conflict of two identities coming into one, i.e. the character themselves, or simply an archetype of an existing idea, but with a twist.

Genshin does this well, for example, with Diona, the cat-girl bartender of Cat's Tail. Although her hatred for the wine industry is clear, it's immediately conflicted with her-

(1/2)
07 November, 08:41 (E)
Only people mentioned by yedyasha in this post can reply
YED YASHA 🪶🚪 @yedyasha
07 November, 08:42
Replying to YED YASHA 🪶🚪's Post
-natural talent of creating the best alcohol no matter the ingredients. And to top it off, she is a owner of a bar, creating a contradiction, making players more curious about the character.

Or another Genshin example would be Noelle, the Maid-Knight of Favonius. Mashing two opposing jobs together might seem intuitive on paper, but if you think about it, depsite them being a passive and aggressive job respectively, both a maid and knight's job is to serve under someone, uniting the conflicting concepts with a common goal.

But what do I know? I'm just a hikikomori traveller.
Have a day.

(2/2)