Yana Kae @YanaKaeVT
Unpopular Opinion~

I honestly will never hire an artist if I don't get commercial rights. I always find an artist that puts the commercial rights in the package automatically (for free) and find it causes less headaches overall.

If I buy an apple, I can take pictures of my apple and make videos with my apple. I can put my apple on a shirt and sell it. In the end, that apple will always be made by the person that grew it. But I should have the right to do anything with my apple as long as I don't try to do something like lie and say I grew it, then try to sell it. That's being scummy.
06 May, 07:32
Only people mentioned by YanaKaeVT in this post can reply
Yana Kae @YanaKaeVT
06 May, 07:39
Replying to Yana Kae's Post
To be clear, I find that having no commercial rights causes problems in the end. I'll always tell people where my art came from if they are wanting to know. I never lie or resell what I obtain.

I will use it in streams, I will use the art in merch, it's my character in the end. I purchased the work of an artist to draw my character. I did a transaction just like buying an apple. So there shouldn't be this half step that needs twice the pay to achieve really owning the art piece. It honestly feels greedy and personally, I will never use an artist that does this.
Page D\'Maj @Page_DMaj
06 May, 01:12
Replying to Yana Kae's Post
It has to be understood that you'll rarely find people that are more screwed over in terms of money than an artist. YOU may be honest but a worryingly amount of people aren't, I've heard of plenty of artists that have been screwed over, being paid in "exposure", not being paid at all, have their art blatantly stolen, or traced because there's an ongoing disregard for art, that honestly can be felt by everyone who isn't making jaw dropping gorgeous stuff, the competition is insane, so some artists have become paranoid, rightfully so.