nekoli @nekoli
Likely wouldn't occur that soon, but would you be interested in a discriminator system for usernames to allow more than one user to have an @?

Would be similar to how other platforms have done it, username separated by a hashtag and then randomly generated numbers (user#3214).

ya, i would like discrims

nah, i like how it is

41 people voted
07 July, 02:31
Only people mentioned by nekoli in this post can reply
Ria Thornston @Ria_Thornston
07 July, 04:34
Replying to nekoli's Post
My only issue is since this site focuses on vtubers, impersonating would be even more of a problem.
nekoli @nekoli
07 July, 08:14
Replying to Ria Thornston's Post
Impersonating of another user isn’t allowed and we’ll take swift action against it once it’s reported to us.

Ideally, this sort of proposed system would allow those to have the usernames they want, while the discriminator being unique.

For both system, every user additionally does have a unique id outside of this and adding unicode invisible spaces or the like is prevented, which should aid in preventing impersonation.

This is just my thoughts and I do welcome feedback. Nothing would be changed if a massive majority of the platform didn’t want it.
🌒 Selena Nocturus 🌒🦊.. @Selena_Nocturus
07 July, 02:32
Replying to nekoli's Post
I'm personally fine either way. And if you do change, at least you're doing it now, instead of like how Discord did it, so far into it being one way.