ELiSSA πŸ’Ύ @ELiSSA
15 April, 10:19
Alright here's an honest question:
Should I move my streams to Twitch?

Currently I stream on YouTube--84 streams over 5 months and a modest 44 subs. Auto VODs are a blessing, but connecting with OBS is tedious and views/subs are for the most part stagnant.

I chose YouTube because I was starting right when Twitch announced their new monetization. Now that the dust has settled, I see my purple-website peers all getting more views and easier OBS integration.

Numbers aren't the thing I care most about, but what I do want is to share what I love, and I would need people to share it with!

Stay on YouTube

Move to Twitch

2 people voted
ORiON ||: π˜Όπ™£π™™π™§π™€π™žπ™™ πŸͺ @ORiON
16 April, 02:43
Replying to ELiSSA πŸ’Ύ's Post
There are two main deciding factors:

1) If you regularly make videos that does well then YouTube would be the choice. Since it doesn't promote livestreams a lot, videos will be how people discover you and if they like it they might tune in for streams as well. I don't know how many video watchers convert into live audiences since it's a different viewing experience. The upside is, if they're interested then they won't have to switch platforms to watch you stream (something I know from experience most people don't like doing).

(Continuing on another post)
2) If you want to focus mostly or purely on livestreaming then Twitch. However there isn't much of a discovery system. Streaming in large categories for new streamers usually mean getting buried alongside hundreds-thousands of others. Unless you find a niche activity with little competition (but enough interest) people would have to go out of their way to find you. You are also only visible when you're live - you can negate this a little by making vids on YT/TT but again, I don't know the conversion rates, I imagine it's even lower since this requires people to switch platforms.
16 April, 02:49
Only people mentioned by ORiON in this post can reply
ELiSSA πŸ’Ύ @ELiSSA
16 April, 06:17
Replying to ORiON ||: π˜Όπ™£π™™π™§π™€π™žπ™™ πŸͺ's Post
Thank you so much for such thoughtful insight, Orion!! I hadn't even considered a lot of this...

I do want to focus primarily on streaming. I have fun making shorts out of stream clips but I'm not very dedicated to keeping up with them and they mostly get pretty low views for shorts--under 200, basically.

My streams would largely be niche enough to stand out like you said; I don't really stream the most popular games. And I think most of my viewers likely come from social media instead of the YT sub feed...

Definitely leaning towards switching, thinking about it this way!
16 April, 04:59
Replying to ELiSSA πŸ’Ύ's Post
Shorts/TT can be tricky, unpredictable and often requires going with latest trends.